Legendary singer Farida Khanum weaves magic once again with this rendition of 'Aaj Jane Ki Zid Na Karo' for Coke Studio
She still has the ability to mesmerize people with her captivating voice. Legendary singer Farida Khanum weaves magic in the recent episode of Pakistan's Coke Studio by singing the popular ghazal 'Aaj Jane Ki Zid Na Karo'.
Written by Fayyaz Hashmi and set in raag Yaman Kalyan, the song was made popular by Khanum in the late '70s. Khanum, now 66, sings the classic in her own style. The song for Coke Studio has been produced by Strings, who have produced and collaborated with many well-known artists for the eight season of the music show. The video also provides a montage of Khanum's earlier photos and takes the viewers down the memory lane. The song, after so many years and so many renditions, still sounds heavenly perhaps because Malika-e-Ghazal herself sings it.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan Recalls Romancing Many Girls at Railway Stations
- BWF World Championships: PV Sindhu Beats Chen Yu Fei to Storm into Third Successive Final
- Paul Pogba, Twitter And Racism: An Uneasy Relation Between Footballers And Fans
- Woman Whose Rendition of Lata Mangeshkar Classic Went Viral Records Song
- 'Choked' by Husband’s Extreme Love and Affection, UAE Woman Seeks Divorce