Mike Tyson to Open Marijuana Ranch in California
TheBlast.com reports that Mike Tyson and partners broke ground on December 20 on a plot for a cannabis resort in California City, a remote Mojave Desert town that's about a 177-km drive north of Los Angeles.
File photo of former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson. (Reuters)
California City: Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson is becoming a California marijuana entrepreneur.
TheBlast.com reports that Tyson and partners broke ground on December 20 on a plot for a cannabis resort in California City, a remote Mojave Desert town that's about a 177-km drive north of Los Angeles.
Partner Robert Hickman tells the website that the undeveloped lands are primed to be cultivated and that Tyson Ranch will be an oasis.
In a video of the event, California City Mayor Jennifer Wood thanks Tyson for his commitment to the community, saying the industry will provide medical marijuana to people in need, revenue, jobs and income for residents.
Calls and emails from The Associated Press to a Tyson representative and the mayor were not immediately returned Tuesday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ragnarok Director Taika Waititi Finally Reveals Who's the Real Star of Thor Love and Thunder
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance
- Renault Kwid Electric Launched In China at Rs 6.22 Lakh, Gets 271Km Electric Range
- Denmark Buys 4 Elephants from Circus to Protect Their Rights and Welfare
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5