News18» News»Buzz»Mission Paani: How to Ensure You Don't Waste Water. Follow These Useful Tips for Home Conservation
1-MIN READ

Mission Paani: How to Ensure You Don't Waste Water. Follow These Useful Tips for Home Conservation

Representative image

Representative image

We have shortlisted a few tips for water conservation at home. Some of the ways can be easily followed and adopted in our daily life to effectively combat the water shortage problems.

97.5% of the water in the world is locked in oceans and seas and the majority of the remaining 2.5% is frozen in the ice caps. Most of what’s left are too salty for human use and the tiny bit available as freshwater is all we have within our reach. Not only an essential natural resource for life, but water is also one of Earth’s most precious supply. As humans, we need water for more than just drinking. Production of everything, from clothing to food, requires water and overuse and lack of conservation is putting a great strain on freshwater supplies. We must bear in mind that water is limited so we need to use it with exceeding care so as to minimize the wastage of water and ensure that it is adequate for all.

We have shortlisted a few tips for water conservation at home. Some of the ways can be easily followed and adopted in our daily life to effectively combat the water shortage problems.

  • When brushing your teeth, turn off the faucet.
  • Use the dishwasher and washing machine, only when you have a full load.
  • When soaping while taking a bath or doing dishes by hand, don’t leave the water running.
  • Water the plants using a watering can.
  • Use a showerhead. They are easy to install, and inexpensive, and can save you up to 750 gallons a month.
  • Check your faucets, hose, toilets and showerheads for leaks.
  • Avoid long showers.
  • Never pour extra water down the drain. Keep it to use for something else.
  • Install low-flow faucet aerators.

Safe drinking water, in a country like India, is a development goal. Citizen-led initiatives can be the only way to avoid misuse and turn the tide. One doesn’t need rocket science to comprehend that the consumption of water in toilets accounts for a startling amount of wastage. Therefore, to bring the proportion down, the upheaval by the boys is possibly the simplest way to start reducing the amount of wasted water on a daily basis.

With each passing, magnifying water shortages have left people across India more dependent on support and assistance. At a citizen level, people should address the issue, by stepping up and helping to conserve the resource.

Be a part of the Harpic – News18 Mission Paani campaign, take the Pledge to Save Water and catch all updates to Mission Paani here.