Mumbai MLA Gifts Minor Son A Convertible Mercedes, Netizens Express Concern
Some social media users tried to remember the gifts they got as kids.
After the lavish 500 crore wedding of former Karnataka minister Janardhan Reddy’s daughter, the MLA from Mumbai's West Ghatkopar, Ram Kadam, has decided to splurge on his adolescent son's birthday.
No, Kadam didn't like to gift his son new clothes or video games or such things the way other people do. So, on November 19, he gifted his minor son Aum R Kadam a swanky Mercedes Benz convertible.
The excited MLA then took to Twitter to tell this to the world: "#HappyBirthday to my dearest son @AumRKadam !!! This my loving gift for him !!! (sic)."
Soon afterwards, social media users started expressing their concern. Not for the MLA or his son, but for the people on the streets. While some questioned Kadam gifting his minor son a car, others advised him to discourage his son from driving and to hire a driver for him.
@ramkadam He is a kid> a car is not a toy ! Is a lethal killing machine in the hands of kids ! Be a responsible Dad 4 Gods sake !— Jasumati (@JasumatiPatel) November 24, 2016
On a lighter note, a few social media users tried to remember the gifts they had received as kids.
I used to get Gems packet https://t.co/mwPGIEStaX— SreeV (@SreekrishnanV) November 24, 2016
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'What is Article 370?' Becomes Most Searched Term by Indians on Google in 2019
- Bigg Boss 13: Rashami Desai's Brother Blasts Arhaan Khan's Claims, Says This is Rubbish and Upsetting
- Avengers Endgame to Game of Thrones to Billy Porter, Here are Most Googled Searches in Entertainment
- Google Top Trends 2019: Cricket World Cup Most Searched News Event in India
- ISL 2019-20: NorthEast United FC vs Chennaiyin FC Pre-match Conference Cancelled Due to CAB Protests