Netflix Takes a Jibe at Aadhaar Through 'Black Mirror' Episode
On Thursday, online streaming service Netflix took shots at biometric identification system Aadhaar through a 'Black Mirror' episode.
Photo credits: Netflix India
On Thursday, online streaming service Netflix took shots at biometric identification system Aadhaar through a Black Mirror episode.
The video clip posted by the official handle of Netflix India is based on Black Mirror's season 4 episode -- "Hang the DJ" -- in which the characters use a device to find romantic partners. The device then dictates which romantic relationships its users will enter into and for how long.
In the clip, the character asks the device the expiry date of his relationship with Amy (the woman he is dating) when the device prompts, "Link Aadhaar Card To Find Out".
The tweet resonated with many on microblogging site Twitter and has over 2500 retweets on the platform.
Admin of this handle needs a raise 😂— Roshan Rai (@RoshanKrRai) January 4, 2018
Black Mirror with its dark and satirical tone explores futuristic technologies and shows how the society adapts to them.
The show is currently in its fourth season.
So we finally decided Black Mirror S4 episode sequence is:— Charlie Brooker (@charltonbrooker) December 14, 2017
1. USS Callister
4. Hang the DJ
6. Black Museum
(but tbh you can watch them in whatever flippin' order you like) pic.twitter.com/dwbiLBeYAX
Recommended For You
- The Ticking Time-Bomb: India's Water Crisis About to Blow Up in Our Face
- Amitabh Bachchan Returns To Mumbai After Thugs Of Hindostan Shoot, Ready To Work On Future Projects
- Top 5 Motorcycles to Buy in a Budget of Rs 3 Lakh to Rs 7.5 Lakh
- Did Sylvester Stallone Just Get Confused Between Salman Khan and Bobby Deol?
- Salman Khan Bats For Jacqueline Fernandez's Performance In 'Ek Do Teen' Remake; See Tweet