Take the pledge to vote

For a better tommorow#AajSawaroApnaKal
  • I agree to receive emails from News18

  • I promise to vote in this year's elections no matter what the odds are.
  • Please check above checkbox.

    SUBMIT

Thank you for
taking the pledge

Vote responsibly as each vote counts
and makes a diffrence

Disclaimer:

Issued in public interest by HDFC Life. HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited) (“HDFC Life”). CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101 . The name/letters "HDFC" in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited ("HDFC Limited") and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited. ARN EU/04/19/13618
LIVE TV DownloadNews18 App
News18 English
Powered by cricketnext logo
News18 » Buzz
1-min read

Pet Dog Sets Fire to House by Accidentally Turning on Microwave in Absence of Owner

According to the officer, the kitchen was full of smoke when they arrived. Luckily, no harm came to the husky.

News18.com

Updated:December 3, 2019, 7:02 PM IST
facebookTwitter Pocket whatsapp
Pet Dog Sets Fire to House by Accidentally Turning on Microwave in Absence of Owner
Image credit: AFP (Representational)

A pet husky in the United Kingdom played with fire recently after he set the the house ablaze by accidentally turning on the microwave.

The incident occurred on Monday at a residence in Essex when the owner of the house was away. It appears that the dog, left to its own devices, tried to mess with the worktop microwave and accidentally turned it on. The appliance had a few bread rolls inside which caught fire, causing a small blaze.

The home owner realised there was a fire in the kitchen after he saw smoke, thanks to the camera feed of the house that he could view on his phone. The fire was eventually brought under control by the Essex County Fire and Rescue Service (EFRS).

"Clearly this is a very strange incident involving the man's dog, but it could still have been more serious," Geoff Wheal, Watch Manager at Corringham Fire Station, said in a statement released by EFRS.

According to the officer, the kitchen was full of smoke when they arrived. However, the firefighters reached just in time and ensured that the damage did not spread beyond the kitchen area.

The incident "demonstrates that microwaves shouldn't be used to store food when they aren't in use".

"Our advice is to always keep your microwave clean and free of clutter or food and any packaging. Animals or children can turn them on more easily than you might think - so please don't run the risk," the fire service said.

Meanwhile, no harm thankfully came to the arsonist dog.

Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.

Read full article
Next Story
Next Story

facebookTwitter Pocket whatsapp

Live TV

Countdown To Elections Results
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results