Simmba + Singham: Meet the TN Cop Who Dared Protestors to Attack Buses During Kerala 'Hartal'
The bravery of a cop daring attackers during the 'hartal' in Kerala is winning the Internet.
Image Credits: News 7
Kerala has witnessed massive protests since January 2 when two women under the age of 50 became the first female pilgrims to enter the Sabarimala temple. Right-wing groups have led massive protests during which one person was killed. Bombs have also been hurled at the houses of Left leaders, including CPM ministers.
In the middle of all this, a reassuring story stood out — of a real life Singham. A Tamil Nadu cop has been hailed as a hero on the internet after a video of him daring protectors to attack buses during the 'hartal' went viral.
Sub-inspector Mohan Iyer was near the Kaliyakkavilai border where when video of him handling the crowd of agitators was shot. In the video, he is seen telling the mob: “If you’re a man, come touch the vehicle.”
This act of bravery in the face of violence not only won him hearts on the internet, but also was rewarded by the Kerala State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC ) Managing director Thachankary with a citation letter and 1000 rupees.
While speaking to News18, Iyer said,"First I tried to talk to them but they were not listening. The protestors were threatening that they will pelt stones at the bus and also to attack the driver. So I spoke in our area style. This is common in our area. Immediately after that, the protesters dispersed."
Kaliyakkavilai is a town located close to the Tamil Nadu-Kerala border.
Recommended For You
- Karan Patel Confirms Quitting Yeh Hai Mohabbatein: I'm Thankful to Ekta for Giving Me Raman Bhalla
- Weekly Tech Recap: Xiaomi Redmi K20 Launch, PUBG Mobile Season 8, FaceApp Privacy and More
- Injured Shaw Ruled out of Tests, Agarwal & Rahul Specialist Openers
- Dyson Pure Cool Me Review: The Clean Air You Should Have, And The Peace of Mind Which Follows
- Carey Hopes Steve Waugh’s Presence Helps Transition to Red-ball Cricket