Sting Operation: Angry Wasps Help Police Nab Fleeing Fugitive
The suspect fled from police and jumped from a balcony straight into a wasps’ nest.
File photo of wasp.
A fugitive in Germany has been nabbed thanks to the help of angry wasps.
Oldenburg police said the unusual sting operation took place Monday after officers tried to arrest a 32-year-old man to serve an outstanding 11-month custodial sentence.
The suspect, whose name wasn’t released, fled from police and jumped from a balcony straight into a wasps’ nest.
The irate insects attacked the man, prompting him to run onto the street.
Officers tried to apprehend him there, only to be attacked by wasps themselves.
The suspect managed to break free but with wasps in hot pursuit chose to jump into an inflatable pool, where he was arrested.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Saina Nehwal, Kidambi Srikanth Post Contrasting Wins at World Badminton Championships
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Woman Sets Fire to Creepy 'It' Clown Doll which Floated into Her Backyard
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 to Launch Today, Watch it Live Here [Video]