The Joker to Return to the Big Screen in Martin Scorsese's Spin-off Film
The Joker is set to appear in his own origin film, to be produced by Martin Scorsese and The Hangover's Todd Phillips, for DC Comics
Jared Leto as The Joker in Suicide Squad (Image courtesy: AFP Relaxnews)
A Batman spinoff movie, based on the origins of signature villain The Joker, is in the pipeline, with Warner Bros and DC reportedly in the early stages of production. According to Deadline, the studio has signed Todd Phillips (The Hangoverds) to co-write a script with 8 Mile scribe Scott Silver, with Phillips to also helm the project as director.
Martin Scorsese will produce the film alongside Phillips, under a yet-to-be announced new banner which will give Warner Bros the opportunity to expand and focus on additional unique story lines pertaining to DC properties.
The film, which sources say will take place in the '80s and have more of the look of a gritty crime drama than comic book movie, will revolve around what it took for the Joker to descend into madness and become to be a mastermind criminal.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Water Baby Kim Sharma Sets the Temperature Soaring on Instagram, See Here
- Here's How Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Decided to 'Chill' After a Concert Night
- Of Fruits and Females: Why Turkish Preacher Comparing Women to 'Peeled Apples' isn't Surprising
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know
- Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Get Samsung’s The Frame QLED Smart TV at Rs 72,000