The Mannequin Challenge Is The Latest Viral Phenomenon Breaking The Internet
Videos of the challenge feature posing as mannequins in dramatic postures.
Forget dumping ice buckets, dancing or planking, the latest viral phenomenon sweeping the internet consists of people standing still as part of the "mannequin challenge."
Videos of the challenge feature posing as mannequins in dramatic postures. They began to appear late last month online and by last weekend everyone from high school cheerleaders in Texas to the NBA's Milwaukee Bucks and the outgoing-First Lady of The United States of America Michelle Obama had taken part.
The Dallas Cowboys went airborne for their challenge, complete with a stoic Tony Romo being stuffed into an overhead compartment on the team plane.
The challenge has become a victory celebration for some teams. Texas Christian, Penn State and Clemson's football teams posted mannequin challenges after big wins Saturday.
The videos are set to the song "Black Beatles" by rap duo Rae Sremmurd, which held a live version of the challenge during a concert last week.
On November 10, LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers brought the mannequin challenge craze to first lady Michelle Obama and the White House.
The team tweeted out a video Thursday of players freezing in various poses in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the mansion. James and the first lady were frozen pretending to take a selfie. President Barack Obama didn't take part in the video.
The tweet included the note, "Freezing our @WhiteHouse visit in time forever with @FLOTUS," which is the first lady's Twitter handle.
— Cleveland Cavaliers (@cavs) November 11, 2016
The team was being honored at The White House for winning the NBA title in June.
Recommended For You
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus Product Red Available in India Today At Rs 67,490: Here's All You Need To Know
- Casting Couch a Time-tested Tradition, What is There to be Upset About: Shatrughan Sinha
- Avengers: Infinity War Movie Review- Overstuffed and Overlong But In Typical Marvel Fashion
- Gionee S11 Lite vs Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M1) vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro: The Best Budget Phone Battle
- Suzuki GSX-S750 First Ride Track Review: Keeping the K5 Engine Rumbling, in Style