This College Student's Photo Series on Rape is So Powerful
Rape is an act of dominance that can happen to anyone at any time. It can be with a person you know or don't know. It is irrespective of race, gender or sexuality. And that is what twenty-year-old Yana Mazurkevich tries to say through her photo series “It Happens”.
Her photo series was inspired by the Brock Turner case, where a former student-athlete at Stanford University, was released after serving three months in a county jail for sexually assaulting an unconscious woman behind a dumpster in January 2015.
The defense used for Turner by his family and friends was that it was a mistake and that it should not destroy the accused's life.
There was much public outrage after Turner was given a 6 month sentence for sexual assault and further released at 3 for good behavior.
Mazurkevich's photo series is a powerful explainer and hence went viral on Tumblr, Reddit and Imgur.
Recommended For You
- Ranbir Kapoor Reveals What Will Happen If Someone Puts Camera in His House Just Like Bigg Boss
- OnePlus 6 To Launch on May 21 With Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC: Report
- Venom Trailer: Check Out Tom Hardy In Upcoming Spider-Man Spin Off
- Huawei P20 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy S9+ vs Apple iPhone 8 Plus [Specs Comparison]
- Aladdin Review: Disney's Broadway Musical Creates Desi Magic, Charms Audience