This Post on an Elderly Couple Selling Food on Kolkata Streets Has Gone Viral For All the Right Reasons
Faith in humanity restored!
An important weapon in the war against poverty is empathy and compassion and that is something we got to witness recently. On July 5th 2016, Amit Ghosh, a Wipro employee made a Facebook post about an elderly couple who sold food near his office.
In his post, Ghosh says that the couple hail from a middle class background. But due to financial problems, they were forced to take up this profession at such an old age. Ghosh, who has been eating at the couple's food stall for over two months now, says that the couple don't mind this life and they do their job with every kind of happiness.
He tagged several of his co-workers to the post and requested them to provide their patronage to this couple to help them out. He also said that if anyone did mind to the tag, they can without hesitance remove it from their Facebook timelines.
The reaction his post received though, was something Ghosh could not have ever imagined. Withing ten days, the post has had more than 16,000 shares on Facebook and everyone on the comments section has volunteered to help them out by providing them with their patronage.
Now isn't this something that makes you smile and go all like 'faith in humanity restored'? Yes, it is.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tata Nexon EV is Now the Most-Affordable Electric SUV in India, Undercuts MG ZS by Rs 6.89 Lakh
- Apple HomePod is Finally in India; Hey Siri, Say Hello to The Amazon Echo Studio
- PUBG Mobile: Best Weapons to Choose and Full List of Weapon Stats
- Too Low, Mountain Ahead: Flying Into Fog, Kobe Bryant’s Pilot Had a Decision to Make
- AI That Studied Photos Say Women May Look Up to 3 Years Younger With Nose Surgery