Take the pledge to vote

For a better tommorow#AajSawaroApnaKal
  • I agree to receive emails from News18

  • I promise to vote in this year's elections no matter what the odds are.
  • Please check above checkbox.

    SUBMIT

Thank you for
taking the pledge

Vote responsibly as each vote counts
and makes a diffrence

Disclaimer:

Issued in public interest by HDFC Life. HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited) (“HDFC Life”). CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101 . The name/letters "HDFC" in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited ("HDFC Limited") and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited. ARN EU/04/19/13618
LIVE TV DownloadNews18 App
News18 English
News18 » Buzz
1-min read

Vets Shocked to Find 40-Inch Lead Lodged Inside Stanley the Labrador Who Had Swallowed It

A chocolate coloured Labrador had the vets shocked after he came to them with a meter of lead lodged inside him.

Trending Desk

Updated:January 7, 2020, 12:40 PM IST
facebookTwitter Pocket whatsapp
Vets Shocked to Find 40-Inch Lead Lodged Inside Stanley the Labrador Who Had Swallowed It
Photos: Kennedy News and Media

A chocolate coloured Labrador had the vets shocked after he came to them with a meter of lead lodged inside him, out of which some of it was hanging out from his bum.

Apparently, the dog named Stanley, had devoured a lead measuring one meter, along with the metal clamps. The incident took place a day after Christmas.

Stanley’s owner, Vanessa Waters had called the hospital stating that her dog had eaten a lead and the same is hanging out of his bottom.

The vets initially tried to remove it with pain relief but were not successful in doing so.

Later, the doctors at Herefordshire’s Brookfield Vets in Hereford, found out in the X-ray that the lead had gone through his large intestine.

The surgery was carried out during which the doctor’s discovered the lead’s metal fittings and clamp were stuck to the pooch’s stomach and large intestine.

After the surgery was performed, Stanley is believed to be on the road to recovery.

"I am glad to report that Stanley is back to his usual self, and can't thank Victoria and her team enough for their skill and care," said Vanessa.

Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.

Read full article
Next Story
Next Story

facebookTwitter Pocket whatsapp

Live TV

Countdown To Elections Results
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results