Video of Elderly 'Uncle' Flipping a Bottle to Cheer up Protesters in Hong Kong Goes Viral
the video also showed the man speaking to riot police clustered nearby. The cops disperse soon after.
Image credit: Twitter
A "bottle flip" brightened the moods of Hong Kongers waiting near a closed Mass Transit Railway (MTR) station on Saturday (Sept 7) in a moment that has since gone viral on social media.
Hong Kong protesters took to the internet to praise the man who in a video shared over 4,000 times on Facebook could be seen walking up to nearby riot police after successfully flipping a water bottle.
This older man delighted Hong Kong protesters with his water bottle flip — and now he’s going viral pic.twitter.com/Ey9AmD4CYp— NowThis (@nowthisnews) September 10, 2019
Footage showed police first talking to the bottle flipper before proceeding to walk away from Tung Chung MTR station.
Comments on social media said the "uncle" had chased away the officers, though it was not clear what caused police to leave the scene. Twitter cheered nevertheless.
The same station was closed the week before after protesters smashed ticket vending machines and ticket gantries.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Fans Love Shehnaz Gill, Rashami Desai Singing Illegal Weapon, Watch Video
- 'Kya Be G***u': Martin Guptill Abusing Chahal on Live Television Leaves Rohit Sharma and Fans in Splits
- Grammys 2020: Nick Jonas Has the Best Response to Fans Pointing Out What Was Stuck in His Teeth
- WhatsApp Users Beware: This Simple Trick Can Save Your Phone From Being Hacked
- Kids Have This Really Cool Trick With Apple AirPods to Talk Without Actually Speaking