Watch: Smriti Irani Performs 'Talwar Raas' with Swords at Cultural Event in Gujarat
The Amethi MP is seen performing "Talwar Raas", a traditional dance form using swords, during a cultural event hosted by the Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul in Gujarat.
Image credit: Twitter/ANi
Union Minister for Textiles and Women & Child Development Smriti Irani on Friday performed "Talwar Raas" at a cultural event in Gujarat. The video of the actor-turned-politician wielding a couple of swords and dancing with participants on stage has gone viral on social media, garnering comments on the Union Minister's performance.
In the clip shared by news agency ANI, Irani is clad in a blue saree, holding swords in both her hands and trying to match steps with performers on stage.
The Amethi MP is seen performing "Talwar Raas", a traditional dance form using swords, during a cultural event hosted by the Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul in Bhavnagar, Gujarat.
The performers with whom the Amethi MP is seen performing "Talwar Rass" are dressed in saffron turbans and vests.
— ANI (@ANI) November 15, 2019
Since being posted, the 17-second clip has been viewed 34 thousand times and garnered nearly 3,000 likes. Many in the comments section were reminded of the time Irani appeared as a an actress on TV serials where she would often perform such dances.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- India’s Personal Data Protection Bill is Heading For Review: Everything You Must Know
- Janhvi Kapoor, Karan Johar, Gauri Khan Recreate Iconic Bollywood Looks
- Sara Ali Khan Almost Trips Dancing to Dheeme Dheeme, Kartik Aaryan Comes to Rescue
- 'They' Is Merriam-Webster's Word Of The Year As The World Becomes More LGBTQ Friendly
- Lionel Messi Rated Best Player by Algorithm, Cristiano Ronaldo Tied at 25th Spot