When Mary Kom Fought a Friendly Bout With Rajyavardhan Rathore
Both Mary Kom and Rathore are accomplished sportspersons and Olympic medallists in their own fields.
In the video, the Kom, who is five-times world boxing champion and a Bronze medallist in the Olympics, can be seen in the clip throwing light punches, laughing and giving tips and tricks to Rathore inside the Indira Gandhi Stadium in the capital. Rathore apparently surprised her while she was practising and even showed her some of his moves, outside the ring.
The Minister, himself an Olympics silver medallist in shooting, was clearly outwitted by Kom, who seemed nevertheless impressed by Rathore's amiability and cheer.
As soon as the video was posted, social media erupted with cheers for both the boxer and the minister.
Mary Kom is 20 kilos lighter and has a reach 6-7 inches shorter than @Ra_THORe, but judging by her speed and her eye, I don't see him lasting one round with her. On the other hand... at least the minister-jee mixed it up with her. Good on you, pal. https://t.co/Mq2UH1aAv0— Ajai Shukla (@ajaishukla) November 1, 2018
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Shahid Kapoor Gets Candid About His Marriage to Mira in New Interview, Admits He is a 'Cradle-snatcher'
- Xiaomi Foldable Phone Teased by Co-Founder Lin Bin: Watch Video
- Maruti Suzuki WagonR Receives 12,000 Bookings Prior to Launch
- India vs New Zealand: 'Fierce Sun' Stops Play in First ODI
- Google to Verify Political Ads in India Ahead of 2019 Lok Sabha Elections
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s