When Mary Kom Fought a Friendly Bout With Rajyavardhan Rathore
Both Mary Kom and Rathore are accomplished sportspersons and Olympic medallists in their own fields.
In the video, the Kom, who is five-times world boxing champion and a Bronze medallist in the Olympics, can be seen in the clip throwing light punches, laughing and giving tips and tricks to Rathore inside the Indira Gandhi Stadium in the capital. Rathore apparently surprised her while she was practising and even showed her some of his moves, outside the ring.
The Minister, himself an Olympics silver medallist in shooting, was clearly outwitted by Kom, who seemed nevertheless impressed by Rathore's amiability and cheer.
As soon as the video was posted, social media erupted with cheers for both the boxer and the minister.
Mary Kom is 20 kilos lighter and has a reach 6-7 inches shorter than @Ra_THORe, but judging by her speed and her eye, I don't see him lasting one round with her. On the other hand... at least the minister-jee mixed it up with her. Good on you, pal. https://t.co/Mq2UH1aAv0— Ajai Shukla (@ajaishukla) November 1, 2018
Recommended For You
- Donald Trump Celebrates Diwali Late, Praises Haggling and Wishes All Indians Except Hindus
- OPINION | How Elon Musk aka Iron Man Lost the Plot, and the Tesla Chairmanship
- Shah Rukh Khan on Suhana: My Daughter is Dusky, but she's the Most Beautiful Girl in the World
- Google to Implement a Transparency Policy For Buying Political Adverts Ahead of Indian Elections
- World Diabetes Day: The Connection Between Breakfast and Diabetes