News18» News»Buzz»Woman in UK Suffers Burns from Hotel Radiator That Is 'Hot Enough to Fry Egg'
1-MIN READ

Woman in UK Suffers Burns from Hotel Radiator That Is 'Hot Enough to Fry Egg'

Woman suffers burn from hotel radiator in UK.
(Credit; Facebook/ @Briony Anne)

Woman suffers burn from hotel radiator in UK. (Credit; Facebook/ @Briony Anne)

A 25-year-old woman from Doncaster,UK fears she was left scarred for life after she was burnt by a hotel radiator that was "so hot you could fry an egg on it".

A 25-year-old woman from Doncaster fears she was left scarred for life after she was burnt by a hotel radiator that was “so hot you could fry an egg on it”.

Briony Anne claims she suffered second-degree burns when she accidentally caught her back on the heated towel rail at the Best Western Pastures Hotel in Mexborough, Doncaster on March 16.

Briony was getting ready to check out of the hotel when her skin touched the hot rail after she stepped out of the shower and was drying her feet. Talking to Yorkshire Live, she said as she bent down, her back accidentally touched the radiator and in a split second, her skin stuck to it. She explains further, in a rush she didn’t mention it when she checked out but after she reached home, her skin was weeping, so she went back to the hotel where she was told there was no manager available for a few days.

Briony fears the radiator is a danger to children as it would “bubble all their skin up” if they grab it. She claims an egg would cook and a steak would sizzle if it touched the radiator.

RELATED NEWS

“It was beyond hot; it was scorching hot – it doesn’t need to be that hot to dry towels.”

Briony was told by the hotel that the heater meets the manufacture’s specifications after it was checked by the maintenance man. She called the hotel but claims “they’re just not interested, to be honest” and told them “whether it meets them or not, that radiator has got to be going up to 200 degrees to burn my skin like that?” She adds one can “touch a radiator and hold your hand on it for a few seconds and it wouldn’t burn you like that.”

The woman was not satisfied with the hotel’s response to the matter. Bryony hasn’t been to a doctor yet but plans to if the burn gets worse as she is unable to take a bath because of the pain.

first published:March 22, 2021, 13:58 IST