AC Milan Sack Coach Marco Giampaolo, Ex-Inter Milan Coach Stefano Pioli Likely to Take Over
AC Milan sacked coach Marco Giampaolo after a horrid start to the season that has seen them lose four off seven Serie A games.
Marco Giampaolo was only seven games in charge of AC Milan in Serie A. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Milan: AC Milan have sacked coach Marco Giampaolo after just seven games in charge, the Serie A club said on Tuesday.
"AC Milan announces it has relieved Mr. Marco Giampaolo from his position as coach of the First Team," the club said in an English-language statement.
"The Club is grateful to Marco for the work carried out and wishes him all the best to come in his professional career."
Giampaolo, 52, replaced Gennaro Gattuso during the summer, but the former European giants are 13th in Serie A -- three points above the relegation zone -- after four defeats in seven games.
Former Fiorentina and Inter Milan coach Stefano Pioli is reported to be set to take over the seven-time European champions who won the last of their 18 Italian league titles in 2011.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- This 91-Year-Old Couple's 72nd Wedding Anniversary Photoshoot is Melting Hearts Online
- 'Total Entertainment': Ravi Shastri's 'Iconic Line' on Team's Philosophy Takes Twitter by Storm
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge