Ada Hegerberg Sets New Record for Women's Champions League Goals
Women's Champions League: Ada Hegerberg became the leading goal scorer in the history of the tournament.
Ada Hegerberg has scored 53 goals in the Women's Champions League. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Paris: Norwegian star Ada Hegerberg on Wednesday became the leading goal scorer in the history of the Women's Champions League when a double strike for Lyon in the game against Hjorring of Denmark took her to 53 in the tournament.
The 24-year-old had equalled the previous record of 51 held by Germany's Anja Mittag in the first leg of the last-16 tie against the Danes, which the defending champions won 4-0 earlier this month.
Hegerberg, playing her 50th game in the competition, then hit the record-setting goal in the 12th minute of the second leg on Wednesday before adding a second on the night.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes Passionately Kiss at LA Clippers Game
- Tesla Unveils First Made-in-China Model 3 Sedan From Gigafactory 3 in Shanghai
- Aamir Khan-Kareena Kapoor Party with Lal Singh Chaddha Team, See Pics
- WhatsApp Gets One Step Closer to The Dark Mode; New Beta Gets Dark Wallpaper
- Emotions Got the Better of Me: Raheem Sterling Admits after Being Dropped by England