Arsenal Captain Laurent Koscielny Refuses to Travel on Pre-season Tour
Laurent Koscielny reportedly has offers to return to France and asked to be released from the final year of his contract at Arsenal.
Arsenal released a statement saying they "hope to resolve the matter" with Laurent Koscielny. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
London: Arsenal captain Laurent Koscielny has refused to travel for the club's pre-season tour in the United States.
The Gunners released a statement on Thursday highlighting their disappointment at the 33-year-old Frenchman, who has been at the club since 2010.
"Laurent Koscielny has refused to travel to the US for our pre-season tour," said Arsenal.
"We are very disappointed by Laurent's actions, which are against our clear instructions.
"We hope to resolve this matter and will not be providing any further comment at this time."
Koscielny reportedly has offers to return to France and asked to be released from the final year of his contract at the Emirates.
He has played 353 times for the Londoners, winning the FA Cup twice, and was named club captain at the start of last season following the retirement of Per Mertesacker.
Recommended For You
- He Gives Me So Much Respect, Sometimes I Feel Embarrassed, Says Kareena Kapoor on Diljit Dosanjh
- Hrithik Roshan, Anand Kumar Host Special Screening of Super 30 for Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
- 'Virat Kohli' is a TikTok Star and No We aren't Talking About Team India Captain
- Netflix Hopes a More Affordable Subscription Plan For India is The Winning Ticket
- Netflix Set to Roll Out a More Affordable Subscription Plan For India; Could be Priced Around Rs 300