ATK Sign Spanish Midfielder Javi Hernandez Ahead of ISL Season 6
Indian Super League: ATK's new signing Javi Hernandez came through the youth setup of Real Madrid.
Javi Hernandez joins ATK from Polish league side KS Cracovia. (Photo Credit: javih89)
Kolkata: Real Madrid academy graduate Javi Hernandez, an attacking Spanish midfielder, was on Friday roped in by ATK for the upcoming Indian Super League (ISL) season.
Coming through the youth setup of Real Madrid, Hernandez made international appearances for Spain's U-19 team.
The 30-year old even went on to play for Real Madrid's reserve team in the Spanish third division.
Hernandez has played in Azerbaijan, Sweden and his native country Spain, representing Azerbaijan club Gabala in the second round of UEFA Europa League Qualifiers in 2017.
He joined ATK from Polish league side KS Cracovia.
"I am delighted with the signing of Javi Hernández. He adds balance and versatility to the team. He is experienced and has played in different conditions, which will be a big advantage for ATK," ATK head coach Antonio Habas said in a statement.
"ATK is a two-time champion, my goal is to make sure the Cup returns to us again. I will do my best to make the team win and looking forward have a good season with the squad," Hernandez added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- Katrina Kaif and Arjun Kapoor Save a Paparazzi From Getting Hurt; Watch Video
- I Went to the Future, in a Hotel Where My Butler to Bartender - Were Robots
- Do Not Worry, Your Mi TV Will Get Netflix And Amazon Prime Video Apps This Year