Take the pledge to vote

For a better tommorow#AajSawaroApnaKal
  • I agree to receive emails from News18

  • I promise to vote in this year's elections no matter what the odds are.
  • Please check above checkbox.

    SUBMIT

Thank you for
taking the pledge

Vote responsibly as each vote counts
and makes a diffrence

Disclaimer:

Issued in public interest by HDFC Life. HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited) (“HDFC Life”). CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101 . The name/letters "HDFC" in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited ("HDFC Limited") and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited. ARN EU/04/19/13618
LIVE TV DownloadNews18 App
News18 English
News18 » Football
1-min read

Barca claim Man Utd have given up on signing Fabregas

United have had two bids for Fabregas rejected, with Barcelona clear they do not want to sell the Spain international.

IBNLive Sports

Updated:August 5, 2013, 9:01 AM IST
facebookTwitter Pocket whatsapp
Barca claim Man Utd have given up on signing Fabregas
United have had two bids for Fabregas rejected, with Barcelona clear they do not want to sell the Spain international.

Manchester: Spanish Champion Barcelona's sporting director, Andoni Zubizarreta claimed that English Premier League giants Manchester United have accepted defeat in their attempts to sign star midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

United have had two bids for Fabregas rejected, with Barcelona clear they do not want to sell the Spain international. A third United offer for Fabregas, 26, had been mooted but comments from Zubizarreta on Sunday suggested the Premier League champions have decided to end their pursuit of the former Arsenal captain.

Quoted by the Spanish newspaper, Sport, Zubizarreta said, "Manchester United are interested in the player but it's also true that they understand our position of not wanting to sell. They have renounced his signing. We aren't going to sell him."

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said on Sunday that he did not expect Fabregas to leave Barcelona. Arsenal's manager has maintained a good relationship with his former player and with Fabregas'. "What I know is Fabregas will stay one more year at least in Barcelona," he said. "That's the information I have. If that changes, I don't know. But That's what I have been told."

Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.

Read full article
Next Story
Next Story

facebookTwitter Pocket whatsapp

Live TV

Countdown To Elections Results
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results