Barcelona Apologise To Real Betis For 'Junior Knows' Tweet
FC Barcelona apologised for their "Junior knows" tweet they posted mocking Real Betis after beating them 5-2.
Barcelona mocked Real Betis after beating them 5-2 with this tweet (Photo Credit: Twitter)
Barcelona: Spanish champions FC Barcelona have apologised for a tweet they posted mocking Real Betis after beating them 5-2 in their Spanish league match. Barcelona posted a photo of defender Junior Firpo holding up five fingers after the match with the caption "Junior knows."
"Barcelona wish to sincerely apologise for any offence caused to Real Betis," the club tweeted. "No disrespect was intended, but we were wrong to publish it on a night that was very special for Junior."
Barca had signed Firpo from Betis in August. The 23-year-old made his debut during the win, coming on for Brazilian midfielder Rafinha in the 81st minute. Firpo featured in 29 games for Betis last season and was part of Spain's U21 European Championship-winning side in June.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Malaika Arora Poses in Black Sequin Jumpsuit, Sizzles Like Star Girl Even at 45
- Post #MeToo, 19% Men Don't Want to Hire 'Attractive' Women, Reveals Survey
- Is Facebook Ready For TV Battles With Netflix, Apple TV+ and Amazon Video?
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance