Barcelona Players Were Given 92 Million in Bonuses Last Season
Barcelona paid their players more last season than what they have given for winning the treble in 2015.
Barcelona (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Barcelona paid out 92 million euros (82.1 million pounds) in collective bonuses to its players for winning the Spanish league and Super Cup titles last season, the club's annual report showed.
The bonus was two million euros less than the amount that was paid out in 2018. The figure was three million euros more than what the players received when the club won the treble in 2015.
The report revealed that the club spent a total of 541 million euros on staff costs across all its sports teams, with 311.9 million spent on first team coaches and players.
While Barcelona won La Liga at a canter and lifted the Super Cup last season, they lost the Copa del Rey final to Valencia and were beaten by Liverpool in the Champions League semi-finals.
Barcelona paid players 89 million euros for the 2014-15 campaign when they won La Liga, the Copa del Rey and the Champions League.
They handed out 94 million euros for the 2017-2018 season when they won the Copa del Rey and La Liga titles.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 20 Written Update: Rashami Desai, Mahira Sharma and Asim Riaz Declared Safe
- Amitabh Bachchan Expresses Displeasure on Illness Rumours, Says 'All is Not in the World For Sale'
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right