Chelsea’s Danny Drinkwater Charged With Drink Driving
Chelsea midfielder Danny Drinkwater was arrested around 12.30am on Monday and has been released on unconditional bail.
Danny Drinkwater joined Chelsea from Leicester City in 2017. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Chelsea midfielder Danny Drinkwater has been charged with drink driving after being involved in an accident near Manchester, British police said on Tuesday.
“A 29-year-old from Nether Alderley has been charged with drink driving following an incident in Cheshire,” Cheshire police said in a statement.
“Danny Drinkwater, of Bollington Lane, was arrested shortly after 12.30 a.m. on Monday 8 April following a one-vehicle collision on Ashley Road in Mere.
“He has been released on unconditional bail and is set to appear at Stockport Magistrates’ Court on Monday, May 13.”
Drinkwater joined Chelsea from Leicester City in 2017 and has made 12 league appearances in total for the London club. His last appearance was in the Community Shield in August.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone Opens About Why She Did Not Live with Ranveer Singh Before Marriage
- Hina Khan Slams People for Comparing Her and New 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif as Ekta Kapoor Weighs In
- Supermodel Bella Hadid is World's Most Beautiful Woman According to Science
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution
- Google Pixel 4 Project Soli Radar is Why The Phone is Not Coming to India