Cristiano Ronaldo's Lawyers Admit Paying Money to Settle Sexual Assault Claim
Cristiano Ronaldo's legal team acknowledged that the Juventus forward paid $375,000 'to maintain the confidentiality of their dispute'.
File photo of Cristiano Ronaldo. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Las Vegas: Cristiano Ronaldo's lawyers have revealed for the first time in court documents that the football superstar paid an amount to settle allegations that he sexually assaulted a woman in a hotel in 2009.
According to a CNN report, the alleged victim said Ronaldo paid $375,000 in a settlement and confidentiality agreement after she accused him of sexual assault.
Ronaldo's legal team acknowledged that the Juventus forward paid $375,000 "to maintain the confidentiality of their dispute" in a motion filed on Friday asking to dismiss the accuser's lawsuit.
Earlier, the woman had claimed to have reached an out of court settlement with the star in 2010, and revealed that she had chosen to speak out against Ronaldo after being inspired by the #MeToo movement.
Ronaldo has always maintained that the encounter was consensual.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- The Sky Is Pink Early Reviews: Priyanka Chopra Film Gets 4-minute Standing Ovation at TIFF
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- Climate Change Not Asteroid Strike Killed Dinosaurs, Says New Study
- Mark The Calendar, Here is When Your iPhone, Watch, iPad and MacBook Get Updated
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma