- Municipal Corporations 9/10
- TRS 8
- INC 0
- BJP 1
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 114/120
- TRS 96
- INC 9
- BJP 3
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 4
Dutch Hero Wesley Sneijder Announces Retirement from Football
Wesley Sneijder, who has played 134 times for The Netherlands, called time on his 17-year football career.
Wesley Sneijder retired from football (Photo Credit: Reuters)
The Hague: The Netherlands' most-capped player Wesley Sneijder announced on Monday his retirement from football, bringing down the curtain on a trophy-laden career that spanned 17 years.
The 35-year-old, who played 134 times for his country, made the announcement while speaking to the YouTube channel of his hometown club FC Utrecht after having bought a corporate box at their stadium.
"My connection to the town is big. Now I've retired from football I want a nice place to share my memories," he said.
Sneijder's career included a World Cup runners-up medal as well as Champions League, La Liga and Serie A titles.
The playmaker had successful spells with Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Galatasaray after having graduated from Ajax's academy in 2002.
His final club was Al Gharafa in Qatar's top-flight.
For his national side, he was a losing finalist at the 2010 World Cup to Spain before a last-four exit to Argentina four years later. He retired from international football last year.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Republic Day 2020: A Look at the Fighter Jet Fleet of the IAF: Rafale, Tejas, Sukhoi and More
- Transfer News and Rumours LIVE: Latest Updates From Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal, Man City, Real Madrid, Barcelona
- India vs New Zealand 2nd T20I Live Streaming: When & Where to Watch Live Telecast on TV & Online
- 'I Massage My Face with Sweat': PM Modi Reveals the Secret Behind His 'Glowing' Skin
- Twitter Brings Tricolor India Gate Emoji to Mark 71st Republic Day