EPL: Tottenham's title pursuit goes on with 2-1 win against Swansea
Tottenham survived an early scare and scored two goals in eight minutes to beat struggling Swansea 2-1 Sunday and stay in pursuit of Premier League leader Leicester.
Image Credit: Getty Images.
London: Tottenham survived an early scare and scored two goals in eight minutes to beat struggling Swansea 2-1 Sunday and stay in pursuit of Premier League leader Leicester.
Swansea went ahead in the 19th minute at White Hart Lane through Alberto Paloschi but the Welsh visitors paid for their defensive approach in the second half when Tottenham substitute Nacer Chadli equalized in the 70th after being set up by Kyle Walker.
Danny Rose put Spurs ahead in the 77th when Swansea failed to clear a corner properly.
It was almost 3-1 when Harry Kane, playing with a mask to protect his broken nose, set up Walker, whose goal was ruled offside.
Swansea goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski made several impressive saves in the game.
Tottenham are second on 54 points, two behind Leicester.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 20 Written Update: Rashami Desai, Mahira Sharma and Asim Riaz Declared Safe
- Ranveer Singh Reveals That He Takes Time Management Tips From Deepika Padukone
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried