Ex-Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge Signs for Trabzonspor
Daniel Sturridge signed a three-year deal with Turkish club Trabzonspor after leaving Liverpool at the end of his contract.
Daniel Sturridge joined Trabzonspor after leaving Liverpool (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Ankara: Former Liverpool forward Daniel Sturridge has joined Trabzonspor on a three-year contract, the Turkish club announced on Wednesday.
"We have agreed a three-year deal with a one-year option for the professional footballer Daniel Sturridge," Trabzonspor said in a statement.
The outfit based in the northern Turkish city of Trabzon did not give further details of the transfer.
Sturridge, a 26-time England international left European champions Liverpool when his contract expired at the end of June.
— Trabzonspor Kulübü (@Trabzonspor) August 21, 2019
In July, the 29-year-old had been fined £75,000 ($91,000) and suspended for six weeks for breaching betting rules.
Trabzonspor are in eighth place in the Turkish Super Lig after one game of the campaign and play Greece's AEK Athens in the play-off round of the Europa League.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- An Apple Watch Saved This Man’s Life by Calling For Help After a Bad Fall
- Has Your OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro Received The Android 10 Update?
- Scientists Just Created Picture of What Our Ancient Ancestor Looked Like Using DNA
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex