Ex-Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge Signs for Trabzonspor
Daniel Sturridge signed a three-year deal with Turkish club Trabzonspor after leaving Liverpool at the end of his contract.
Daniel Sturridge joined Trabzonspor after leaving Liverpool (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Ankara: Former Liverpool forward Daniel Sturridge has joined Trabzonspor on a three-year contract, the Turkish club announced on Wednesday.
"We have agreed a three-year deal with a one-year option for the professional footballer Daniel Sturridge," Trabzonspor said in a statement.
The outfit based in the northern Turkish city of Trabzon did not give further details of the transfer.
Sturridge, a 26-time England international left European champions Liverpool when his contract expired at the end of June.
— Trabzonspor Kulübü (@Trabzonspor) August 21, 2019
In July, the 29-year-old had been fined £75,000 ($91,000) and suspended for six weeks for breaching betting rules.
Trabzonspor are in eighth place in the Turkish Super Lig after one game of the campaign and play Greece's AEK Athens in the play-off round of the Europa League.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Dream Girl Box Office Day 4: Ayushmann Khurrana Sets New Benchmark
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma
- This Rescued Deer Keeps Coming Back to the Family Who Saved Him
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022