FC Barcelona Selling Players to Rope in Neymar, Antoine Griezmann
FC Barcelona have so far sold Marc Cardona, André Gomes, Jasper Cillessen and Denis Suárez in the transfer window.
Antoine Griezmann and Neymar are FC Barcelona's big summer targets. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Barcelona: In a bid to rope in high-priced stars like Neymar and Antoine Griezmann, spanish professional football club -- FC Barcelona -- is selling out its players to fund the huge fees.
As per reports, the club has already raised around 80 million euros from player sales and are looking to raise more funds through it.
Barcelona has already handed Marc Cardona to Osasuna for 2.5 million, André Gomes to Everton for 25 million, Jasper Cillessen to Valencia for 35 million, Denis Suárez to Celta Vigo, for 16 million which accounts for a total of 78.5 million euro from player sales.
The club didn't need to raise the money through player sales but the club wanted to get a return for their unwanted players.
Meanwhile, attacking midfielder Philippe Coutinho is also set to return to Liverpool this season after having a dismal show for the spanish club.
As per reports, Ousmane Dembélé, Ivan Rakitic, Malcom, and Samuel Umtiti will also be the next names in the player sales.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Doungel Scores in Injury Time to Help India Draw With Afghanistan
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas Poses Without a Shoe for Photo with Family in Delhi, See Pic
- Very Few World Class Bowlers in Test Cricket Now: Sachin Tendulkar
- Photoshopped Image of Cricketer Smriti Mandhana with Lipstick and Fairer Skin Causes Outrage
- Moto Razr Returns With Flexible Flip Display, Snapdragon 710 SoC: Features, Price and More