Feeling Good at the Moment: Daley Blind Undergoes Successful Heart Operation
Daley Blind, the former Manchester United and current Ajax defender, underwent a successful heart operation.
Daley Blind (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Amsterdam: After he complained of dizziness in his side's UEFA Champions League clash with Valencia this week, Ajax defender Daley Blind has undergone a successful heart operation.
"Daley Blind has been diagnosed with myocarditis," a statement read.
"In the last few days, the centre-back has been the subject of thorough medical investigation after experiencing a short episode of vertigo during the match between Ajax and Valencia. It was decided to preventively place a subcutaneous implantable defibrillator -- a device that is inserted under the skin -- as a consequence of the procedure, which took place yesterday," it added.
The club further said the former Manchester United player would miss their January training camp in Qatar.
"The most important thing is that I'm feeling good at the moment and trying to come back as soon as possible," Blind was quoted as saying by ESPNFC.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Alia Bhatt Sends Kangana Ranaut Flowers for Her Padma Shri Honour
- Kobe Bryant, Daughter Killed in Copter Crash, Akshay Kumar, Disha Patani and Others Share Condolences
- WhatsApp Users Beware: This Simple Trick Can Save Your Phone From Being Hacked
- #RIPMamba: From Trump to Obama, Fans Mourn Basketball Legend Kobe Bryant's Death
- Kids Have This Really Cool Trick With Apple AirPods to Talk Without Actually Speaking