Fever-stricken Gianluigi Buffon Doubtful for Italy's Game Against Ireland
Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon skipped Sunday's training with a fever and is doubtful for his team's final Euro 2016 group game against Ireland, the Italian federation (FIGC) said on Monday.
Gianluigi Buffon (Picture Credit: Getty Images)
Montpellier: Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon skipped Sunday's training with a fever and is doubtful for his team's final Euro 2016 group game against Ireland, the Italian federation (FIGC) said on Monday.
The national team captain had felt unwell on Saturday, too, failing to complete that training session in Montpellier where the Azzurri are based.
Coach Antonio Conte may also be without winger Antonio Candreva, who has been training separately from the rest of the squad after suffering a right adductor injury during Italy's 1-0 win against Sweden on Friday.
Candreva is unlikely to recover in time for Wednesday's game in Lille.
Italy, who are guaranteed top spot in Group E, will take on the Group D runners-up in the last 16 in Paris on June 27.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- India’s Personal Data Protection Bill is Heading For Review: Everything You Must Know
- Love Has 'Nose' Limits: Picture Of Two-Toed Sloths 'Taking It Slow' Goes Viral
- Avengers Endgame to Game of Thrones to Billy Porter, Here are Most Googled Searches in Entertainment
- Pakistani Fans Roast 'Injured' Pacer Hasan Ali for Walking Down the Ramp With 'Rib Fractures'
- Nike Joyride Dual Run Review: The Running Shoe Revolution is Truly Underway