FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup India 2020 Emblem to be Launched on November 2
The FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup India 2020 emblem launch will mark a year to go for the tournament.
Representative Image. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Mumbai: The official emblem of the FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup India 2020 will be unveiled at a ceremony here to be held on November 2.
The occasion will mark one year to go for the second FIFA tournament that India will host next year.
Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju, FIFA Chief Women's Football Officer Sarai Bareman, LOC Chairman Praful Patel will be present on the occasion along with FIFA legend and two-time World Cup winner Kristine Lilly at the Gateway of India, a media statement said on Thursday.
"We're very happy to see the response from people of all walks of life, including eminent Indian sports personalities, who shall join us to celebrate this momentous occasion," LOC Tournament Director Roma Khanna was quoted as saying in the statement.
India had successfully hosted the FIFA U-17 Men's World Cup in 2017, in which England had emerged as champions.
DY Patil Stadium in neighbouring Navi Mumbai was one of the venues for the tournament.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Jennifer Winget Plans to Rewrite Mahabharat with Beyhadh 2? Watch Promo
- Janhvi Kapoor Shares Childhood Picture with Khushi, Boney Kapoor as Filmmaker Takes Charge of Kitchen
- Lata Mangeshkar Continues to be on Life Support, Condition Still Critical, Says Doctor
- KTM 390 Adventure First Look Review at EICMA 2019 – Watch Video
- WhatsApp Banning Users in Groups with Suspicious Names: Here's How You Can Stay Safe