FIFA World Cup Qualifiers: Midfielder Amarjit Kiyam Ruled Out from Games vs Oman and Qatar
India begin their World Cup qualifiers campaign vs Oman on September 5 in Guwahati followed by an away game against Qatar in Doha on September 10.
Amarjit Kiyam suffered a hand injury during training. (Photo Credit: @IndianFootball)
New Delhi: Indian football team midfielder Amarjit Singh Kiyam was on Thursday ruled out of the upcoming 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Oman and Qatar after suffering a hand injury during training.
Amarjit, who led the Indian team in the U-17 World Cup in 2017, was part of coach Igor Stimac probables for the preparatory camp.
The players assembled for the camp on August 19 in Goa.
"Midfielder @KiyamAmarjit has been ruled out of the upcoming FIFA World Cup 2022 qualifiers against Oman and Qatar after suffering a broken hand in training," the All India Football Federation (AIFF) tweeted.
Midfielder @KiyamAmarjit has been ruled out of the upcoming FIFA World Cup 2022 qualifiers against Oman and Qatar after suffering a broken hand in training 😢
— Indian Football Team (@IndianFootball) August 29, 2019
India begin their campaign against Oman on September 5 in Guwahati followed by an away game against Asian champions Qatar in Doha on September 10.
Afghanistan is other team in the group.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Video of Shahid Kapoor Hitting 6 During Jersey Preparation Gets Loudest Cheer from Ishaan Khatter
- US Company Will Pay You Rs 2 Lakh Per Month to Smoke Weed and Test Marijuana Products
- Get a FASTag For Your Car, Unless You Want to Pay More at Toll Plazas From December 1
- Chaayos Wants to Sneakily Capture Your Facial Data With Your Next Cup of Chai
- These Four Xiaomi Mi TV Models are Getting Android TV 9.0 Update