India, Taiwan and Uzbekistan Show Interest in Hosting Women's Asian Cup 2022
The 2022 edition of women's Asian Cup will be the 20th edition of the tournament.
Photo for representational purpose. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
India, Taiwan and Uzbekistan have expressed their interest in hosting the women's Asian Cup in 2022, the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) said on Saturday.
The 2022 tournament will be the 20th edition since the inaugural event in 1975. Japan beat Australia to win the previous edition in Jordan last year.
"The three Member Associations will now be invited to nominate their proposed venues for the tournament, with the host expected to be appointed by the second quarter of 2020," the continent's governing body said in a statement.
India and Taiwan hosted the tournament in 1979 and 2001 respectively. The deadline to submit interest to host the tournament expired on Friday.
The women's Asian Cup also serves as the qualifying tournament for the FIFA women's World Cup.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hina Khan Slams People for Comparing Her and New 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif
- Bigg Boss 13: Are Sidharth Shukla and Arti Singh Getting Close Again?
- Angry Customer Creates Hilarious 'Oyo Ruined My Anniversary' Website to Narrate Ordeal
- Adorable Video Shows Man Dancing with Stray Dog in the Middle of the Night
- Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL to Launch Today: Here’s How to Watch the Live Stream