ISL 2019-20: Mumbai City FC Defender Anwar Ali Diagnosed With Heart Problem
Anwar Ali, who represented India in the FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017, will travel to Rennes in France to diagnose the issue.
Anwar Ali has complained of a heart problem. (Photo Credit: @IndianFootball)
Mumbai: Promising young defender Anwar Ali (Jr.), who has been diagnosed of a heart problem, is being sent to France for seeking further medical advice, his club officials said on Saturday.
"He (Ali) is being looked after and both the club and the All India Football Federation are doing everything that can be done to help him," a Mumbai City FC official told PTI.
Ali played 34 matches in the I-League for All India Football Federation's (AIFF) developmental team Indian Arrows in the last two seasons during his loan spell from Mumbai City.
Anwar played all three of India's group matches in the U-17 World Cup which was hosted by the country in 2017.
It is reliably learnt that Ali is set to miss the first few ISL games for his side Mumbai City FC, who start their campaign with an away game at Kerala Blasters.
However, contrary to the reports of his release by the club, it is understood that Ali is still very much part of the squad.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lata Mangeshkar is Doing Much Better, Says Singer's Team
- Marathi Singer Geeta Mali Dies in Road Accident, Husband Seriously Injured
- Study Concludes Apple Watch Can Detect Heart Rate Irregularities
- Instagram Takes Hide Likes Test Global; Influencers Must be on The Verge of Tears?
- FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Doungel Scores in Injury Time to Help India Draw With Afghanistan