ISL: Chennaiyin FC appoint Sabir Pasha as assistant coach
Indian Super League champions Chennaiyin FC have appointed Syed Sabir Pasha as their assistant coach and grassroots head after mutually parting ways with Vivek Nagul.
Image Credit: Getty Images.
Chennai: Indian Super League champions Chennaiyin FC have appointed Syed Sabir Pasha as their assistant coach and grassroots head after mutually parting ways with Vivek Nagul.
The 43-year-old represented Tamil Nadu in the Santosh Trophy, finishing top scorer in two editions and also played for Indian Bank.
Pasha made several appearances for the Indian national team with his best moment coming in the 1995 South Asian Games in Chennai where his goal helped India secure the gold, which also happens to be the country's last title in this tournament.
He holds an AFC A coaching license and has been the head coach of Indian Bank, Tamil Nadu and the India under-19 national team.
"We would like to thank Vivek for his contribution during the first two seasons and wish him the very best for the future. We welcome Sabir and I am confident that the first team and the club's grassroots program will benefit from his experience," said Chennaiyin FC co-owner Mrs Vita Dani.
Pasha said, "I am grateful to the Chennaiyin FC management for giving me this opportunity. My aim is to work hard and be worthy of the faith reposed in me by Chennaiyin FC," said Pasha.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- ISL 2019-20: NorthEast United FC vs Chennaiyin FC in Guwahati Postponed Due to CAB Protests
- You Can Now Buy a Baby Yoda Toy for Rs 21,000, But Here's the Catch
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas to Create Series Inspired By Their Own Sangeet for Amazon
- Virat Kohli Dedicates India's T20I Win to Anushka Sharma, Says It's Special Wedding Anniversary Gift
- Pakistani Fans Roast 'Injured' Pacer Hasan Ali for Walking Down the Ramp With 'Rib Fractures'