Jose Mourinho Says Rafael Nadal Could Have Been a 'Fantastic' Footballer
Jose Mourinho has worked with Rafael Nadal's uncle Miguel Angel when he was on the coaching staff at FC Barcelona.
Rafael Nadal is an honorary member of Real Madrid CF. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
London: Jose Mourinho believes Rafael Nadal would have made "a fantastic footballer" had he not chosen to become one of the greatest tennis players of all time.
The former Manchester United, Real Madrid and Chelsea manager said that the world number two, currently chasing a third Wimbledon title, had all the attributes needed to succeed in football.
"He's incredible. He could have been a fantastic footballer with his physique, mentality and skill," said the Portuguese, who worked with Nadal's uncle, Miguel Angel when he was on the coaching staff at Barcelona.
"I am happy that he isn't a footballer. In tennis he is what he is."
Recommended For You
- ICJ Orders Pakistan To Grant Consular Access To Kulbhushan Jadav
- Malaika Arora and Arjun Kapoor Step Out for a Romantic Luncheon in Mumbai, See Pics
- Vidya Balan Rocks 'Desi' Look, Imparts 'Shastron Ka Gyan' in Hilarious Video
- People are Using FaceApp's Aging Filter to Compare Selfies with Photos of their Parents
- Big Tech Quartet's Antitrust Hearing Highlights Their Sheer Might and Murky Policies