Kevin de Bruyne Injury Not Serious, Says Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has given hope to fans saying that Kevin de Bruyne, who missed the UEFA Champions League clash with Dinamo Zagreb, can be back at the weekend against Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Kevin De Bruyne (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has moved to calm fears that Kevin de Bruyne could face a long spell on the sidelines, saying the midfielder could return to the squad for Sunday's Premier League match against Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Belgium international De Bruyne missed City's 2-0 win over Dinamo Zagreb in the Champions League on Tuesday with a groin injury picked up against Everton last weekend.
"It's not serious - today he could not play but we'll see for Sunday," Guardiola told reporters on Tuesday.
"Right now I don't know. Maybe he can if we take a risk but I think after the international break he'll be fit."
De Bruyne has made a sensational start to the season with City, scoring twice and providing nine assists in nine appearances across all competitions.
After Wolves' visit to the Etihad Stadium, City have a two-week layoff for an international break before visiting Crystal Palace on October 19.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Gonna Tell My Kids' is the Newest Meme in Town and Desi Twitter Has Given a Hilarious Twist to it
- Anu Malik Steps Down as Indian Idol Judge After Growing Outcry Against Him Over #MeToo Allegations
- US Company Will Pay You Rs 2 Lakh Per Month to Smoke Weed and Test Marijuana Products
- Indonesia 'Hatches' Plan to Give Out 2000 Chicks to Get Children off Smartphones
- Bollywood Actor John Abraham Gives a Sneak-Peak of his Motorcycle Loaded Garage