Kylian Mbappe Ruled Out of France's Euro 2020 Qualifiers, 'Not Ready' After Thigh Injury
France coach Didier Deschamps said Kylian Mbappe 'will need more time' to recover from the thigh injury.
Kylian Mbappe has not started a game since August. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Reykjavik: Kylian Mbappe has been ruled out of France's Euro 2020 qualifiers against Iceland and Turkey and "needs more time" to recover from a thigh injury, coach Didier Deschamps said on Thursday.
The 20-year-old Paris Saint-Germain forward has not started a game since August.
France, who sit second in Group H, visit third-placed Iceland on Friday before hosting group leaders Turkey on Monday.
"He left for the simple reason that he wasn't ready," said Deschamps.
The France boss added that Mbappe "will need more time" and "wasn't comfortable".
Mbappe has been replaced in the squad by Borussia Moenchengladbach striker Alassane Plea, who made his only previous international appearance in a friendly against Uruguay last November.
World Cup-winner Mbappe initially returned with substitute appearances against Bordeaux last month and Galatasaray last week, but PSG coach Thomas Tuchel then said he "needed more treatment" before he missed the win over Angers.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 19 Written Update: Rashami Desai Reveals She had Issues with Sidharth Shukla
- Milind Soman and Ankita Konwar Share Vacation Pictures from Iceland
- Cardi B Once Drugged, Robbed Late Rapper Chinx Drugz
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony