La Liga: Granada in Second Place with 1-0 Win Over Osasuna
Granada defeated Osasuna 1-0 to climb up to the second spot in the La Liga points table.
Granada beat Osasuna 1-0 (Photo Credit: Granada/Twitter)
Granada provisionally climbed into second place in Spain's La Liga on Friday after edging past visitors Osasuna 1-0 courtesy of Domingos Duarte's first half header.
Duarte was left with too much space in the box and rose high to score in the 38th minute.
In an evenly balanced encounter with possession split right down the middle, Osasuna posed virtually no attacking threat, with their striker Chimy Avila cutting a lone figure up front.
Osasuna were left with 10 men when Fran Merida was sent off in stoppage time.
Duarte's goal was enough to lift Granada to 17 points, one behind leaders Real Madrid, who travel to Mallorca on Saturday.
Barcelona, on 16 points, take on Eibar while Atletico Madrid, in fourth on 15, host Valencia.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Robert Downey Jr Pays Tribute to Stan Lee While Accepting Male Movie Star Trophy at People's Choice Awards
- WhatsApp is Killing The Battery on Android Phones, OnePlus Phones Seem Worst Hit
- Bride Calls off Marriage after Groom Breaks into Drunk 'Nagin Dance'
- PUBG Mobile Club Open 2019: Entity Gaming and SouL Qualify For Global Finals
- Vodafone's New Rs 225 Prepaid Plan Offers Unlimited Voice Calls, 4GB Data for 48 Days