La Liga's Bottom-placed Side Espanyol Appoint Third Coach of the Season
Former Spain international Abelardo Fernandez replaced Pablo Machin at the helm for Espanyol.
Abelardo Fernandez is the new Espanyol coach. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Barcelona: Barcelona's less celebrated cross-town cousins Espanyol appointed their third coach of the season on Friday as former Spain international Abelardo Fernandez took the helm of La Liga's bottom club.
Espanyol have just 10 points from 18 games and fired coach Pablo Machin and three of his staff on Monday after the weekend 2-0 defeat to second bottom Leganes.
Machin took over in October when previous incumbent David Gallego was sacked after eight games and just one win in early October.
The new coach Fernandez, 49, is a former Barcelona and Spain defender and left Liga outfit Alaves after finishing 14th at the end of last season.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Sara Ali Khan Greets Salman Khan with Aadaab and Internet is Loving it
- These Memes From Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan Trailer Prove That the Film is Already a Hit
- Bigg Boss 13: Himanshi Khurana Blames Shehnaz Gill For Her Break Up
- American Airlines Flight Makes Emergency Landing to Deplane Unruly Passenger
- Mahindra XUV300 Gets 5-Star Crash Test Safety Rating from Global NCAP: Watch Video