Luka Modric and Gareth Bale to Miss Real Madrid's La Liga Trip to Mallorca
Luka Modric and Gareth Bale both got injured during the international break.
Gareth Bale and Luka Modric got injured during Wales vs Croatia. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Madrid: Real Madrid will be without both Gareth Bale and Luka Modric for this weekend's Liga match against Real Mallorca, Zinedine Zidane confirmed on Friday.
Modric and Bale both picked up injuries during the Euro 2020 qualifier between Croatia and Wales on Sunday, which finished 1-1.
Wales coach Ryan Giggs suggested after the match that Bale was suffering with cramp in his calf but the forward has not trained with the rest of the Madrid squad this week.
Madrid meanwhile confirmed on Wednesday that Modric is recovering from heavy bruising in his right thigh.
"Modric is not fit for tomorrow," said Zidane in a press conference ahead of Saturday's game against Mallorca.
"Gareth Bale is not going to be with us, neither Toni Kroos nor Lucas Vazquez. We have to accept it. There are other players."
Kroos injured his foot playing for Madrid against Granada before the international break while Vazquez has a calf problem.
Madrid sit top of La Liga, two points above Barcelona, and remain the only unbeaten team in the division.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Gonna Tell My Kids' is the Newest Meme in Town and Desi Twitter Has Given a Hilarious Twist to it
- 'Gone in 60 Seconds': Python Tries to Prey on Leopard, Big Cat Shows Who's the Boss
- WhatsApp Updates: Wait For Dark Mode Continues, And Here is Everything Else on The Agenda
- Hackers Could be Using Your Android Phone’s Camera to Spy on You
- Bollywood Actor John Abraham Gives a Sneak-Peak of his Motorcycle Loaded Garage