Manchester United Ship Out Varela to Frankfurt on Loan
The Uruguayan made his senior United bow in a goalless home draw against West Ham last December and made 10 starts for the first team at Old Trafford.
File photo of Guillermo Varela. (Getty Images)
Frankfurt: Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho on Saturday shipped out defender Guillermo Varela on a season-long loan to Eintracht Frankfurt in the Bundesliga.
The Uruguayan, 23, made his senior United bow in a goalless home draw against West Ham last December and made 10 starts for the first team at Old Trafford.
He also scored the title-clinching goal for the under-21s last season at Tottenham.
He came on as a substitute in Mourinho's first game in charge of United - a 2-0 friendly win at Wigan last weekend - but did not travel to China for their pre-season tour.
"Manchester United and Eintracht Frankfurt have reached an agreement for Guillermo Varela to join the Bundesliga club on a season-long loan, effective until 30th June 2017," United said on their website.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- The Hysterical Animals that Won the Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2019
- Jawa Perak Bobber Launched in India at Rs 1.95 Lakh, Gets BS-VI Engine
- Kapil Sharma Tells Akshay Kumar 'My Good News is Coming Before Yours' in Fun Twitter Exchange
- Study Concludes Apple Watch Can Detect Heart Rate Irregularities
- FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Doungel Scores in Injury Time to Help India Draw With Afghanistan