Manchester United's Eric Bailly Out Until Christmas After Knee Operation
Eric Bailly was ruled out of action until the end of the year after he sustained an injury during Manchester United's pre-season friendly against Tottenham Hotspur.
Eric Bailly will be out until the end of the year (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Manchester United defender Eric Bailly will be out until the end of the year after suffering a knee injury, manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said on Tuesday.
Bailly, 25, hurt his knee in last Thursday's 2-1 win against Tottenham Hotspur in the International Champions Cup (ICC) and had successful surgery on Tuesday.
"He's had an operation," said Solskjaer. "He'll miss the best part of four or five months. Hopefully, we'll get him back around about Christmas."
The Ivory Coast international missed United's 1-0 win over Norwegian club Kristiansund in a friendly on Tuesday. It was the club's fifth pre-season win in succession.
Juan Mata scored the winner from a stoppage-time penalty to end the Norwegians' determined resistance as Solskjaer's son Noah came off the bench for Kristiansund as a late substitute.
United's next match is against AC Milan on Saturday in the ICC, their last pre-season encounter before facing Chelsea in their Premier League opener on August
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- NASA Satellite Images Show Fires Still Burning May Be Reason for Poor Air Quality in North India
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria
- Dalljiet Kaur First Contestant to be Evicted from Bigg Boss 13
- Copenhagen Climate Summit: Arvind Kejriwal Reiterates Focus on Electric Buses, Odd-Even Scheme