Mohun Bagan's Opening Calcutta Football League Fixture Postponed to August 5
Mohun Bagan's ground renovation work failed to meet the deadline and their Calcutta Football League match vs Peerless SC had to be postponed.
Mohun Bagan logo.
Kolkata: Defending champions Mohun Bagan's season-opener against last season's runners up Peerless SC in the Calcutta Football League Premier Division A has been postponed to August 5.
The Mariners were slated to kick off the top tier local league on Friday but their ground's renovation work failed to meet the deadline and the Public Works Department did not give the requisite fit certificate.
As per the revised fixtures released by the Indian Football Association, Southern Samity, Bhowanipore Club and Calcutta Customs Club will be in action against BSS Sporting Club, NBP Rainbow SC and Kalighat Milan Sangha respectively in the opening day's fixtures on Saturday.
Record 38 times champions East Bengal will begin their campaign against George Telegraph on August 9, while Mohammedan Sporting's fixture against Aryan Club was also postponed to August 7.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy
- Nick Jonas Signalling I Love You to Priyanka Chopra is the Gold Standard for Romance
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Ties the Knot With Laura Hashian in Secret Hawaiian Wedding, See Pics
- Are Your Cable TV And DTH Subscriptions Set to Become More Affordable?
- Labuschagne Replaces Smith to Become First Like-for-like Substitution in Cricket