Mumbai City's Anwar Ali to Travel to France for Heart Treatment
Anwar Ali will now travel to Rennes to consult doctors and diagnose the issue and will not be part of Mumbai City.
Anwar Ali has complained of a heart problem. (Photo Credit: @IndianFootball)
Kolkata: Promising defender Anwar Ali Jr will go to France for his heart treatment and will not be part of Indian Super League (ISL) club Mumbai City FC for some time now.
The 19-year old, who was part of India's U-17 World Cup campaign two years ago, will now travel to Rennes to consult doctors and diagnose the issue, sources in the know of things said.
Anwar had impressed senior national team coach Igor Stimac, who named him in the list of probables for various tournaments, including the World Cup qualifiers against Oman, Qatar and Bangladesh.
He played 34 matches in the I-League for All India Football Federation's (AIFF) developmental team Indian Arrows in the last two seasons during his loan spell from Mumbai City.
Anwar played all three of India's group matches in the U-17 World Cup which India hosted in 2017.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Photoshopped Image of Cricketer Smriti Mandhana with Lipstick and Fairer Skin Causes Outrage
- By Focusing on Premature Balding, Does Bala Make Light of the Issue of Colourism? Director Answers
- Jennifer Winget Plans to Rewrite Mahabharat with Beyhadh 2? Watch Promo
- Not Speaking to My Mother Was Tough: Real Kashmir FC Defender as Valley Lockdown Completes 100 Days
- Lata Mangeshkar Continues to be on Life Support, Condition Still Critical, Says Doctor