Mumbai City's Anwar Ali to Travel to France for Heart Treatment
Anwar Ali will now travel to Rennes to consult doctors and diagnose the issue and will not be part of Mumbai City.
Anwar Ali has complained of a heart problem. (Photo Credit: @IndianFootball)
Kolkata: Promising defender Anwar Ali Jr will go to France for his heart treatment and will not be part of Indian Super League (ISL) club Mumbai City FC for some time now.
The 19-year old, who was part of India's U-17 World Cup campaign two years ago, will now travel to Rennes to consult doctors and diagnose the issue, sources in the know of things said.
Anwar had impressed senior national team coach Igor Stimac, who named him in the list of probables for various tournaments, including the World Cup qualifiers against Oman, Qatar and Bangladesh.
He played 34 matches in the I-League for All India Football Federation's (AIFF) developmental team Indian Arrows in the last two seasons during his loan spell from Mumbai City.
Anwar played all three of India's group matches in the U-17 World Cup which India hosted in 2017.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tesla Unveils First Made-in-China Model 3 Sedan From Gigafactory 3 in Shanghai
- Indian Jam Project's Tushar Lall Puts a Desi Spin on 'Hey Jude' in New Beatles Tribute
- Instagram Stalking App Like Patrol Thrown Out by Apple; You Can All Relax Now
- WhatsApp is Killing The Battery on Android Phones, OnePlus Phones Seem Worst Hit
- Emotions Got the Better of Me: Raheem Sterling Admits after Being Dropped by England