Neymar Misses Out Again as Paris Saint-German Face Rennes in Ligue 1
Neymar has missed the first two rounds of Ligue 1 fixtures for PSG amidst transfer speculation.
Neymar's transfer saga continues at PSG (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Saint-Germain-en-Laye: The world's most expensive footballer Neymar will again be absent when Paris Saint-Germain take on Rennes on Sunday in the second round of Ligue 1 matches, coach Thomas Tuchel said on Saturday.
"Ney didn't finish the training with the squad today," said Tuchel. "It's too early. We're waiting another week for him to start with the group again."
"When I think of a strong team, it's with him," added Tuchel. "Nothing has changed, he has three years of contract."
PSG bought Neymar for 222 million euros ($261 million) from Barcelona in 2017, but has made clear he craves a return to Spain, whether with his old club or Real Madrid.
Leonardo, the PSG sporting director, has confirmed that the club have held talks with potential buyers.
"The transfer window will close in a month," said Tuchel. "For the moment, he's my player."
The Brazilian has not played for PSG since he injured his ankle at the end of May.
PSG beat Nimes in their opening match 3-0.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year