Neymar Out for Four Weeks Say PSG After Injury During Brazil Friendly
PSG have confirmed that Neymar will likely be out of action for about a month after suffering a hamstring injury while on duty for Brazil.
Neymar at PSG (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain striker Neymar will be out for four weeks with a hamstring injury he suffered playing for Brazil, the French club said on Monday.
Neymar limped off in the 12th minute on Sunday as Brazil drew 1-1 against Nigeria in a friendly in Singapore.
PSG said that an MRI scan showed that their star player had suffered "a grade two lesion" in his left hamstring.
If he is out until November 11, Neymar will miss four French league matches, including a trip to Marseille on October 27, and home and away Champions League games against Bruges.
The world's most expensive player had been due to make his champions League return against Bruges next Tuesday after serving a two-match suspension.
This latest in a catalogue of injuries since joining PSG in 2017 came after a promising start to the season with four goals in five Ligue 1 matches.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Gonna Tell My Kids' is the Newest Meme in Town and Desi Twitter Has Given a Hilarious Twist to it
- US Company Will Pay You Rs 2 Lakh Per Month to Smoke Weed and Test Marijuana Products
- Indonesia 'Hatches' Plan to Give Out 2000 Chicks to Get Children off Smartphones
- WhatsApp Updates: Wait For Dark Mode Continues, And Here is Everything Else on The Agenda
- Bollywood Actor John Abraham Gives a Sneak-Peak of his Motorcycle Loaded Garage