Neymar Out for Four Weeks Say PSG After Injury During Brazil Friendly
PSG have confirmed that Neymar will likely be out of action for about a month after suffering a hamstring injury while on duty for Brazil.
Neymar at PSG (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain striker Neymar will be out for four weeks with a hamstring injury he suffered playing for Brazil, the French club said on Monday.
Neymar limped off in the 12th minute on Sunday as Brazil drew 1-1 against Nigeria in a friendly in Singapore.
PSG said that an MRI scan showed that their star player had suffered "a grade two lesion" in his left hamstring.
If he is out until November 11, Neymar will miss four French league matches, including a trip to Marseille on October 27, and home and away Champions League games against Bruges.
The world's most expensive player had been due to make his champions League return against Bruges next Tuesday after serving a two-match suspension.
This latest in a catalogue of injuries since joining PSG in 2017 came after a promising start to the season with four goals in five Ligue 1 matches.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Adidas Gives up on Robot Factories And Wants Humans in Asia to Make More Shoes
- World's Most Pierced Man with a Record of 450 Piercings Shows off His 'Devil Horns’
- Pet Dog in Odisha Fights Cobra Before Killing it, Saves Family of Six
- Instagram Stalking App Like Patrol Thrown Out by Apple; You Can All Relax Now
- Emotions Got the Better of Me: Raheem Sterling Admits after Being Dropped by England