Ousmane Dembele Adds to Barcelona's Injury Woes With Hamstring Trouble
FC Barcelona's Ousmane Dembele suffered a hamstring injury, which will keep him out for five weeks.
Ousmane Dembele suffered a similar problem in May at the end of an injury-ravaged first season in Barcelona. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Barcelona: Ousmane Dembele, Barcelona's French international striker, will miss five weeks after suffering a hamstring injury, the club said on Monday.
The club said in a statement that tests showed a "fibrillary lesion in the left thigh femoral biceps."
If Dembele is out for that long, he could miss five matches in La Liga as well as France's Euro 2020 qualifiers against Albania on September 7 and Andorra on September 20. He suffered a similar problem in May at the end of an injury-ravaged first season in Barcelona.
He is the latest casualty in a depleted Barcelona strike force. Lionel Messi missed the Liga opener in Bilbao on Friday, which Barcelona lost 1-0, with a calf problem.
Uruguayan star Luis Suarez limped off after 37 minutes in Bilbao, also with a calf problem, and is expected to be absent for a month.
Barcelona have loaned attacking midfielder Philippe Coutinho to Bayern Munich but are reportedly in negotiations to buy Neymar back from Paris Saint-Germain.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tom Hiddleston Reveals Chris Hemsworth Punched Him While Filming The Avengers
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- Watch: Zoo Shares First Glimpse of Kiki, a Baby Red Panda
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year